Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our "Appointment" today...

Tonight Chris and I had an appointment in the ADC Clinic that we were told was a genetics appointment. They said it was something that we had to go to so we thought it was because Carson had a birth defect (even though genetically he had nothing wrong with him). It actually ended up being an informational group appointment about all the different testing that they offer to you while pregnant and what they test for. It would have been nice to have that appointment when I was pregnant with Carson. We had a lot of un-needed stress when we were told the numbers from my quad screen test came back high for spina bifida. The doctor who called me made it sound like our baby had spina bifida when he didn't. The numbers had come back high from his Gastroschisis. Anyways the appointment just explained how the they do the tests and what the tests are able to tell you. I guess it's a new thing they started doing 2 months ago and now every patient has to attend the appointment. They said they started it because there was a lot of confusin about the testing (maybe that's because they hardly gave any information on it!). All in all I thought it was helpful even though we already knew that stuff now having to had gone through it with Carson.

Earlier today before our appointment we had to run back to the mall to exchange something. After that we came back on post to go see if Chris could figure out what was wrong with John and Tiffany's Bronco because it wasn't starting. The guys figured out what was wrong and luckily John was able to get it started so they could get home! I was worried about how'd they get home since we had that appointment to go too.

Tomorrow morning is Tiffany's first doctor's appointment! I am so very excited for her! I know she's nervous (especially about getting her blood drawn) but I know everything's going to be just fine! I'm so happy we get to be pregnant together! YAY! We were really good with our timing haha. Tomorrow night we're going to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory with John and Tiffany to celebrate Tiffany's birthday! I can't wait to go that's my favorite place to eat at! Emily got us a gift card their for Christmas because she knows how much I love that place haha.

Right now my dog Bailey is snoring next to me on the bed. I swear sometimes she thinks she's a person! Well I better get off of here. I'm going to try to get some sleep!! Happy Early New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am glad that you had a good appt...even if it wasn't just for you! lol Hope the belly is doing well! :o) Happy New Years! Next year will be better than last..I PROMISE!