Monday, December 29, 2008

Dealing with the insurance companies..

Is such a hassle!! I HATE it. Since the guy who backed into us is claiming that we were backing out at the same time (which is a lie) they are claiming that the accident was both of our faults. They're wanting us to pay our deductable then his insurance company will pay for 50% of it. It's just been so stressful trying to deal with both of the insurance companies! We only have a paint chip and some scratches so we told State Farm and Progressive that we just wanted to drop the claims and forget about it because we don't want an accident on our driving record since we've never had one. We mainly just don't want our rates to go up lol. Chris called the guy who hit us and he agreed to drop his claim too so neither of us will have an accident on our record. If he didn't drop his claim and we did we could still end up with an accident on our record which is total BS since it wasn't our fault but whatever! Hopefully this headache is over soon!

Tomorrow is Tiffany's birthday!! She'll be the big 22 lol. Chris and I went to the mall today and exchanged the jeans I got him for Christmas since they didn't fit. He was able to find a pair in his size which is good because he needed a new pair lol. Aeropostale was having a big sale. Everything was like 50% off and all their jeans were on sale for $19.98! I looovee deals! After we exchanged his jeans we got Tiffany a birthday present. I really hope she likes it :) I think we're going to go out to dinner on New Years Eve to celebrate her birthday. We're going to the Cheesecake Factory which is my FAVORITE place! I'm VERY excited haha. I need to get Tiffany to try the Fried Macaroni Balls...they're the best!! I'm also excited for Wednesday because Tiffany has her first doctor's appointment!! I'm so happy for her! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Well I'm gonna go do some laundry then watch some TV! I feel like being pretty lazy tonight haha. I'm still full from dinner. Goodnight!!

1 comment:

Rachael Tam said...

Boo for insurance companies! When we were hit back in April of 06 but a drunk driver/hit and run my back windshield did not break. After making the police report and then catching the guy we all went home. The next day my windshield shattered when I tried to get into the car. The insurance didn't want to pay for it and said it wasn't damaged in the accident. We fought it and they ended up paying for it. I'll keep you in my thoughts and pray the insurance company works with you.
YAY for Tiffany's dr appt!