Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our baby!

Our appointment today went great!! When I saw my doctor he asked how I'd been feeling. I told him how I have nausea all day and he said that it was a good sign lol. After talking about how I've been feeling and my symptoms we did the ultrasound. He said the baby looks great! It's right on track for the due date and everything looks good :) We were also able to see the baby's heart beat which made us VERY happy! I am so relieved now and so much more relaxed. I feel like I can just be excited now and not have to worry so much! We are truly blessed. I am feeling REALLY positive about this pregnancy! All the high risk doctors that met with me while I was in the hospital having Carson, talked and decided that I don't need blood thinners. They did an autopsy on Carson and never found any clots in the umbilical cord or placenta and since I've personally never had clots they don't think I'll get any. I just carry one of the genes for blood clotting. I'll be monitored closely and I need to keep taking my baby asprin every day, along with my prenatal and folic acid. I heard 3 due dates today lol. July 31st, August 1st and August 4th. The first two are based off of a 28 day cycle and they got those off of their little paper wheels they have that estimate your due date. The August 4th one is based off of a 32 day cycle (which is what I have). The nurse said to pick the first one because it makes my 40 weeks come faster lol. I'll still need to be induced but my doctor said he might let me actually go to 40 weeks, but he doesn't want me to go past that. At 36 or 37 weeks they might try so things to get my body to go into labor naturally. Which would be great! I'd love to have the baby a couple weeks early lol. I am so excited to start telling the rest of our family and friends. We're still going to do the Christmas card idea to tell everyone. Well I just wanted to give everyone an update. We go for our next appointment in 4 weeks and will have another ultrasound then. We should find out the sex at 18 weeks and will have that ultrasound around the last week of Feb. I can't wait!! Hope everyone is having a great night!!

No comments: