Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Genetics Appointment Today...

This morning we had an appointment with a Genetics Counselor. He confirmed that nothing Carson had was genetic. Not even his aorta coming off the right side of his heart. He said that there is no chance of having another baby with Gastroschisis or the heart condition. He agreed with our other doctor that it was just something sparatic that happened. He also said that since I've never had a history of blood clots that I probably wont get them the next time I'm pregnant but I'll still be put on blood thinners and see my high risk OB just to be safe. We were also told that he doesn't believe that I have a higher risk of a miscarriage. He said that it is just some doctor's theories that women with the blood clotting disorder are at a higher risk. My high risk OB does believe that I am at a higher risk for a miscarriage though. Either way the appointment today went great! :) We miss Carson so much and what happened with him was so tragic but it is such a relief to know that we wont have to go through that kind of pain again. He told us that we'd be able to have healthy babies and he let me know everything I should do, like take extra folic acid and a baby asprin. I'm already doing that so he said I'm on the right track. I can't wait to be pregnant again! Hopefully my friend Tiffany and I will both get pregnant VERY soon! Hopefully we'll be carrying those matching Juicy diaper bags to playdates and the mall before we know it! haha Just wanted to give everyone an update since I haven't been online much the past few days. My parents were visiting. Well I'm gonna go make dinner now...It's taco night tonight. YUMMY!!

No comments: