Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I need to vent...

I am truly amazed at how some people can call themselves "friends" Friendship is NOT one sided. It takes two people...just like any other kind of relationship. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything but I think I'm a pretty good friend. I try to be there for my friends and I'd do anything for them. I have this "friend" who I've known for 4 years now. We used to hang out a lot and we've always talked on a regular basis even when she lived out of state. This last February she met one of Chris' friends when she was over at our house and they started hanging out. They never officially dated. She thought they were in a relationship but he continued to be with other girls and they were basically just friends with benefits. This summer he got stationed down in Texas and she was devestated. She recently bought a plane ticket to go fly down and visit him in November. Well yesterday her world apparently came "crashing down" when he broke up with her. She called me crying and saying how she wished she could get rid of her life and she was so hurt and blah blah. I was a good friend and listened to her go on and on. I kept telling her how sorry I was and maybe they could talk things out when he called her that night. For some reason I felt the need to be a good friend to her even though she hasn't been a good friend to me. After everything happened with Carson she called maybe twice. I would try to talk about him and how I was feeling and she would totally change the subject and not aknowledge anything I said. Well today she calls me crying again and has the nerve to ask me "Do you know what it feels like to lose someone you love so much?". Ummm hello...I lost my son! Of course I know what that feels like! Don't get me wrong we've all been "heart broken" before when someone has broken up with us but we all have to admit that things have gotten better and we realize that they weren't the one for us and we move on. You can never really move on after the loss of a child. Yes the days get easier but that pain never completely goes away. Ever. After listening to her blab on about how it hurts so much she goes on to whine about how everything bad ONLY happens to her. I just wanted to scream. I kept thinking is she serious? Does she honestly think she has it THAT bad? She even went on to talk about how having her daughter was bad, but she made that decision when she had sex. I can't believe a mother would say that about her child. She should be thanking God that she has a damn healthy child that is ALIVE. I guess I'm just so mad that I put forth so much effort into a friendship and get NOTHING in return. I expect a "friend" to at least be there for me and listen when I need to talk but she didn't even do that. I guess all in all this has finally made me realize that I need to just stop talking to her and be thankful for the great friends that I do have. The last few months have made me realize who my true friends are and I am sooooooo thankful to have them in my life! I know that they would do anything for me and they are always there when I need to talk! Thanks Tiffany and Christy! I guess I just need to write this big ol' long entry to get some things off my chest. I've just been annoyed today by that "friend" and by everyone and their damn dog being pregnant. When is it going to be mine and Tiffany's turn? I think we deserve it!

1 comment:

Erin, Gus & Lucas said...

wow...I can't believe she said that to you..and about her wonderful girl! I'm not sure what all to say, other than can you blame him for taking out the trash?!? I'm surprised it took this long. I'm sorry you had such an un-loving friend. You're an angel for putting up with it for as long as you have. I'm here when you need me!..and in two days I'll be almost in the same town as you!! :) :) :)