Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another interview....

So today I had yet another job interview. I'm glad I've gotten calls to come in for so many interviews but I haven't gotten a job yet :( Last week I had 4 interviews and this week I've had 1. Last week one of the interviews was a second interview for a medical office and I was sure I'd get the job. They kept telling me how perfect I was for the job and blah blah. I was so excited because the hours were perfect and the pay was great! My second interview was on Friday and I haven't heard back from them. They said they were going to check my references and let me know. If I don't hear back from them by today I'm going to send her an email because she told me that's the best way to contact her. I thought my interview today went really well too. I'd love to have this job! It's as a receptionist at a Family Practice doctor's office. There are 6 doctors there and the office seems to always stay busy! The hours are also perfect and the pay is also good. The manager said she had 2 more interviews to go today and then she would call me shortly after 4pm to let me know if I got the job or not. I'm really hoping I got it! They're hiring 2 receptionists but one has to speak Spanish and I honestly don't remember much from my 3 years of Spanish in high school. The whole job hunt has been kinda stressful. I'm really excited to find a job that I love and make some money so we can save towards buying a house but the search has been so frusterating! I feel like everytime I go into an interview and they see that I live on base they automatically think that I'll be moving in 2 months because my husband is in the Army. It's unfair! Yes we're military but we've been at this base for 3 years now and he's pretty sure he's reenlisting, and when he does he's going to reenlist to stay here since this is where my family is! I wish someone would just give me the benefit of the doubt! I haven't told any of the employers that I'm going to school to be a medical transcriptionist. I have told them I'm taking online medical terminology classes but I don't want them to not hire me because I don't want to be a receptionist for the rest of my life. This may sound kinda dorky but I actually really like being a receptionist lol. I enjoy it. But I'm hoping that I'll get pregnant again soon and I would actually like to be a stay at home mommy. That's why I chose to go to school to be a medical transcriptionist, so I can work from home. The interview I went into today was already making me feel a little guilty. I understand 100% that they want to hire someone to stay there long term, and that's what I'm looking for. A stable job. But when I'm done with my schooling in a year I would feel guilty quiting to go be a medical transcriptionist. lol If that makes any sense at all. The place I had the interview at this morning was really nice though because they understand if you have something that comes up family wise or have to go to a doctor's appointment and they have no problem with that. So it really would be a perfect job for me. Especially if I got pregnant again because I'll be having doctor's appointments every so often. Who knows. I really don't need to worry about quiting until I even have a job! haha. Maybe I'll end up getting a job that is perfect for me and I'll never want to leave it! Well this entry has pretty much just been nothing but a big ramble so I'm going to go do some homework and study a little. I've got a few hours before I hear anything back from the job. I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: